Job Title: Analytical Chemist/Senior Analytical Chemist
Department: Research and Development
Reports to: VP, Research and Development
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Location: Graybug Vision Research Center
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Analytical Chemist/Senior Analytical Chemist will play a key role in the development of lead products and the advancement of R&D programs. He/she will be responsible for developing and validating analytical methods for novel small-molecule compounds and drug products. Responsibilities also include transferring established methods to CROs/CMOs and providing technical support and guidance as required. Other duties of the job include working collaboratively with other employees and departments, as well as external vendors, to address additional analytical challenges and needs.
Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Conduct internal analytical development and validation activities, including developing new methods and improving existing methods for new and proprietary compounds.
- Work collaboratively with other company employees, business partners, raw material suppliers, and external analytical and preclinical vendors to develop and validate analytical methods to support product development.
- Provide scientific/technical guidance on analytical development for other R&D activities.
- Draft and review reports and SOPs to support product development.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology or related fields
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial experience in pharmaceutical development.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in essential analytical characterization tools, particularly LC and LC-MS analysis for small-molecule compounds.
- Experienced in designing and conducting appropriate assay development and validation studies to support product development.
- Familiar with relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines.
Desired Key Competencies
- Ability to achieve in a dynamic, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment of a milestone-driven, rapidly changing R&D environment.
- Possess a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- An enjoyment of working collaboratively in a team environment with members of different backgrounds and experience levels.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize activities as needed to accomplish unanticipated requests or initiate new projects requiring immediate attention.
- Good planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness.
Resumes can be sent directly to: email@example.com
Graybug Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Graybug Vision offers the following extensive benefits package in addition to competitive compensation:
- Medical Coverage (Options for HMO, PPO)
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional Life and AD&D Coverage
- Bonus Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Benefits are subject to change at the discretion of Graybug Vision, Inc.
About Graybug Vision, Inc.
Graybug Vision is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing the next generation of products for the treatment of chronic vision-threatening diseases of the retina and optic nerve. It was founded in September 2011 as a spin-out of the world-renowned Wilmer Eye Institute of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
To address the burden of frequent intravitreal injections associated with managing patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD), diabetic macular edema (DME), and retinal vascular occlusive disease (RVO), Graybug Vision is developing a proprietary depot formulation of sunitinib malate, GB-102. Sunitinib inhibits multiple biologic pathways known to be associated with angiogenesis, vascular permeability, fibrosis, while promoting neuroprotection to retinal ganglion cells and photoreceptors.
To address the low compliance rate of self-administered eye drops for the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) associated with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) and ocular hypertension (OHT), Graybug Vision is developing novel injectable compounds that will allow the physician to manage the pharmacologic treatment of disease rather than the patient. The company has established a portfolio of over 100 proprietary compounds to lower IOP and / or provide neuroprotection.